Well, the good news is that my kids bathroom floor just got a great thorough cleaning. As did the carpet outside the bathroom door. And the toilet now smells... well I would say minty fresh, but my kids don't like minty toothpaste so I get that Crest sparkle and I personally don't know how that smells.
Every homeowner hopes to never walk by a bathroom and see water seeping out into the carpet. Including ME. And yet, this morning, water was pooling out of the bathroom door into my carpet. I open the door slightly to find my naked 3 year old in the bathroom by himself standing on a stool and water EVERYWHERE! LOTS and LOTS of water. I quickly look around to see where the source of water is coming from and well... it became apparent to me quickly by the toothpaste and glow stick in the toilet and the toilet water sky high that the toilet was the source. I get him out and ask him...
"Cameron did you flush things down the toilet?"
"Yes"
(now remember the toothpaste and glow stick I saw currently stuck down the hole)
"What did you flush down the toilet?"
"Soap. And a lid."
My heart beats faster (didn't expect that answer)
"What else?"
"Two cups."
"What else?"
"Toothpaste." (whew! I finally got to the toothpaste)
I stopped there. I knew enough. I was a little overwhelmed by the mess. Where do I start? The naked kid, the water seeping into my carpet, the water standing everywhere else?
Well, I decide, naked kids are fine and send him into my room. I gather up towels and set them down on the carpet and floor and quickly realize that I am going to need more towels. Lots more towels. I run downstairs to my bathroom down there and grab lots of extra towels. All of them were totally soaked, as was the bathroom rug so I got a large kitchen garbage bag and started piling them in. Ryan's suggestion (may I add he said some comment about how life's challenges build us up or something and I told him that is easy to say sitting at his desk in peace 45 minutes away) was to get out the carpet machine to suck the water out of the carpet, which I did. Then I cloroxed everything. Someone's poor toothbrush was on the floor. Too bad - it's not worth saving. An entire roll of extra toilet paper was on the floor and wow, do they expand when they get completely wet. And at least I can say, an hour later, that my bathroom floor is clean, the toilet sparkles (because of the sparkley toothpaste) and I didn't even need to use my closet auger I bought before. My nifty plunger plunged just fine! What an expert I am becoming! (I am so proud of myself!)
2 comments:
Wow, this sounds stressful, but it sure made me laugh! Jimmy and I both agree you have the best stories about your kids. We still chuckle when we think of how you compared Zeke's age to "about the same age Brandon was when you found him sucking on the toilet plunger"
I believe Cameron's fascination with toilets will actually help him in his efforts to potty train. We just need to make sure he knows what is supposed to go in a toilet, and that everything else doesn't. We're working on that. But hey! if he get's the point, then no more diapers! (until May, that is...)
Post a Comment