Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Yummmmm!

Okay, so tonight was one of those nights... Ryan came home at 6:00 as Brandon was leaving for scouts and I had been doing capes all afternoon so I hadn't had time to cook anything. I love breakfast at dinner as long as it is hearty and filling enough to get through bedtime. I pulled out one of my favorite breakfast recipes and remembered how much I love it, and so I decided to post it to all my bloggers. By the way, it was given to me by a good friend Labretta Woodland, who is a fantastic cook.

French Toast
Toast:
2 eggs
1/2 c. french vanilla coffee creamer (liquid, not the powder) Well worth buying this ingredient!
1 TB vanilla

Make french toast - you know the drill.

Syrup: (the best part!)
1/2 c. real butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. buttermilk (or milk soured with lemon juice for a couple minutes)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar and buttermilk; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add baking soda and vanilla, then stir. The syrup will begin to froth when the baking soda is added. Make sure not to make the syrup to soon before the toast is ready or it will loose its froth. (You can reheat syrup in the microwave)

So, if you want to impress a visitor, or make a special dinner, try this recipe. We call the syrup "butter syrup" and my kids LOVE it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

MMMM - that sounds so yummy - especially the syrup part! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Labretta is a good cook. I remember when she taught me how to make souper rice long ago.

Doug