Dear Sunday,
Well, it's been another week. Here I am again looking into the next week and reflecting on the past week. I'm fasting today for someone to find some answers. Tomorrow I am trying a different doctor - an infectious disease medicine and internal medicine doctor. My friend went to her and found she was proactive and on top of things. I hope she will be a good in-between doctor for me. I need someone to help coordinate everything between all these specialists and tests and help pull things together. Maybe a fresh set of eyes looking at tests and symptoms will see something. I am fasting again tomorrow for the appt. so they can run whatever tests need to be run.
I keep wondering if this is in my head, and then I'll have a day that's worse than the others and know that I can't be making my heart go that fast, beat that irregular, and make breathing so poor. It's pretty scary sometimes. Fasting with these symptoms makes it harder to do things with my hands - they shake so much as it is and then add the no food part to it and even writing or typing is difficult. My double vision seems the same no matter what though. I guess I'm glad that's not changing. I have a testimony of fasting though and I need those blessings!
I am so glad to get some test results back this last week. The second MRI on my brain was less fun than the first. The contrast they gave me made me feel pretty sick. No pituitary tumor! Just some thickening in my sinuses (hey, my allergies are real after all!). No adrenal gland tumors either. Almost everything came back normal. I'll let the Dr.'s analyze the rest of the results. Still a few tests out, but we'll deal with them when they come back. Some are pretty specialized and take a while to get back.
Confirmed no graves disease but I have several nodules on my right thyroid and a few on my left - none suspicious of cancer. My right thyroid is enlarged too, but not keeping me from swallowing. I don't have as much patience with my kids. By dinner, my anxiety is taking over and I am grumpy and short tempered. The anxiety is part of the symptoms. Normal anxiety I feel I have under control.
So, this is what I want this next week Sunday. When we meet again, I want to have more answers or a better idea of the track I need to be on to find those answers. I know so much of this is a waiting game. I am learning patience (again) waiting. I am being humbled asking for help so many days. I can't tell my friends how thankful I am for the offers of help and hours of babysitting! I am thankful I am not sicker and can still function. I am so grateful for the energy that I do have so I can accomplish what must be accomplished. I am so grateful for my sister-in-law Esther who spent a day at our house helping out and visiting with me. She has no idea how much that family support meant to me. I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband. He works overtime for us and we appreciate all that he does. I sure love him!
So, goodbye Sunday. We will meet again soon. Thank you for your day of reflection and peace.
Diane ♥
Here's a picture of my thyroid - just for memory sake! I know, that's odd and a little creepy. :)

6 comments:
Hi Diane -- I don't know if it helps much or not, but I've been fasting for you today too.
I really wish I could be down there to help! I can't imagine how hard it must be to try to keep up your daily responsibilities while not feeling well.
Let's keep fingers crossed for fresh pairs of eyes. And more answers.
So sorry to hear you are struggling in so many ways. Your job as mom is hard enough when you have full capacity.
Sending strength vibes and hugs!
You have such a great attitude! Focusing on the blessings that you have! I sure hope that you get some answers soon! Take care my friend. Wish I was there to help out!
I'm so sorry you have to go through this hard trial Diane.
I'm glad you don't have a tumor, and that you won't need that scary surgery.
We are praying you can be strengthened, and that they can find out how to help you.
Please let me know if there is a day you need help, I really enjoyed coming out!
You are so strong. I really want to help out with anything. If you need me to make dinner one night or something. PLEASE take me up on this. If you're having a hard day...just call me. Anything you need. You're amazing...
I'm sorry that things are taking so long to get answers. I hope you feel better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers. Seriously, if you need me to watch the kids don't hesitate to call. Let me know how I can help! Love ya!
Post a Comment