Monday, May 17, 2010

WW update

I don't know why I've been waiting to post my successes with Weight Watchers. Oh wait!  I remember - I'm waiting to actually be able to SEE a difference - which I can't yet.  But I am having good success.  It's a real learning curve for me.  I am enjoying being more healthy, in control, and seeing my hard work turn results.

So far, I've lost 17.6 weight watcher pounds.  I lost a few before that so my total weight loss is about 20 pounds.  In WW they reward you all the time for things.  You've never seen a group of women and men so excited to get little star stickers on a bookmark before.  But man, you feel like you've earned them by the time you get them!  Here's my bookmark...

The small gold 5 stickers are for every 5 pounds I loose.  The big 5% one is for loosing 5% of my weight (the first goal they have you set).  I'm almost to my 10% goal.  After that, I think your next goal is what you want to end up weighing.

I loose anywhere between 3 and .2 pounds a week.  I loose more weight when I don't exercise (I'm still trying to figure that one out.  I think I need to eat more when I exercise but that's hard for me to want to do.).  I LOVE my leader and group.  I think that makes this program for me.  It is a safe haven where we laugh at ourselves and our common bad habits and how to change our faulty ways of thinking.  My leader is fantastic.  She has been doing this for so long.  People drive from SLC to come to our Saturday morning session.  There hasn't been one Saturday morning where I have regretted or felt it was a waste to get up at 6:45 am for the meeting.  It is a full house each week and I'm becoming more comfortable there and getting to know some of the people.  They are the best support group I could ask for.

Anyway, I don't know when I'll actually be able to notice a change.  I've got a long way to go.  The progress seems so s-l-o-w, but over time is starting to add up.  I tell myself that I've got to notice a difference after 30 pounds.  I'm giving myself some more time...

So, there's my update.  I still haven't posted any recipes yet.  It's still on my list though so I'll get to it eventually.  :)

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats Diane!! 20 pounds is a big deal! Keep up the good work.

Tami said...

Way to go! That is awesome! I gotta figure out how to lose weight and exercise, too. I seem to stay the same no matter how much I run. Ugh.

Esther said...

That's awesome! 20 pounds is a lot! Way to stick with it!

Esther said...

That's awesome! 20 pounds is a lot! Way to stick with it!

JoeKatie said...

You are such an inspiration!!! I would like to do something like that, but I have a hard time with the will power thing. For example today we had cookies first, then lunch. But we did take a walk to the park, the long way and I pushed the boys on the swings, until Lance yakked all over himself and I had nothing to clean him up with, then we went home. Lovely!

angela said...

You are awesome! I bet someone beside you can see the difference. My sister only started losing weight after she quit exercising. That was very discouraging for her. How annoying. Anyway, way to go!