I am finding it essential to have a good attitude when things don't go as planned. Mostly because this life I am living is not like I imagined it to be! Here are some examples of how I am trying to change my thinking.
Situation: Cameron drawing on Matthew's head with permanent blue marker
Attitude: Oh thank heavens he drew on something that will eventually wash off!
Situation: Chopping the end of my finger off at the Spruces campground after 5 hours of preparation, 2 hours of driving, and only being there for about 2 hours!
Attitude: I am so grateful I didn't chop my hand or more of my finger off! That could have been much worse. How lucky I am that I have reached my insurance out of pocket maximum this year and so I can just go to the emergency room and sit in peace for 4 hours! Since I won't get back until 1:00 in the morning, I can look at the stars as I park my car outside the campground and walk back to the tent! It will be so nice and peaceful.
Situation: A pitcher of Tang falling of the counter and hitting the floor splashing tang up the side of the cupboards on the island and floor.
Attitude: How lucky am I that the cupboards caught the Tang before it could splash across the rest of the kitchen! Now the tang is in a several square feet section instead of a long skinny section across my entire kitchen!
Situation: My kids putting their clean clothes in the hamper and their dirty clothes back in their drawer when they get lazy.
Attitude: What a great opportunity to teach them how to do their own laundry.
Situation: Our abundant crop of grasshoppers out here in Tooele eating our garden and my raspberries.
Attitude: Hey, at least I won't have as many plants to pull up this year when the garden is finished! And the plants I have left will be a lot smaller than they would have been!
Situation: My girls cat-fighting in Maceys parking lot
Attitude: Look how well they will be able to defend themselves when they are on a date in a few years! And they didn't have to take Karate to be able to fight like that! I am so lucky they are so talented.
Situation: Squash bugs running rampant in our garden destroying some squash plants and attempting to destroy all of the plants!
Attitude: I am so grateful for spiders. I wish we had a lot more in our garden!
Situation: Our swamp cooler breaking. When trying to replace it, having bolts rusted to themselves.
Attitude: Ryan and I know how to completely gut out a swamp cooler and replace the parts with other used swamp cooler parts. We got to learn about a new tool - the cold chisel. And using a drill on the roof during a rainstorm to try to drill out screws was so romantic! It only took us 3 days to get it working!
Situation: Matthew pooping up his back often - most of his onesies are now stained.
Attitude: I am so glad he gets most of his poop on his onesies which I'll probably throw away when he is done anyway! Isn't orange a nice color to add to these? Better orange than brown!
Isn't my attitude getting better?
5 comments:
Thanks for the link.... I LOVE blogging!!! You can check the CRAZY family that I have by checking out my blog @ stevedarcieandkids.blogspot.com. I am EXCITED to have another blogging buddy!!!
What a GREAT attitude you have! I wish I could be that way!!
Whoa, momma sita!!! That's quite the list of events. Were they all recent? You are the best! Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. How is your finger doing? Anytime you need help, I'm a ring away. Love ya tons.
Jenny
It so good to see you blogging again! Sounds like things are as crazy as ever! By the way, we made it through the layoffs YEAH!
I think blogging is so therapeutic! And my #1 reason for doing it is to document my life since that scrapbook table is just gathering dust!
You for sure have such a full life. I mean that in both ways...busy and blessed :) Good luck with the attitude goals. You are so right that attitude can make or break us. You are wonderful!!
That's my wife! It's good to see she has such an upbeat and positive outlook on such an affliction riddled life! Hopefully you can see the sarcasm throughout, but if not, that's ok, because it's good to believe that some people keep smiling when taking a beating and say, "This beating is good because it's making my toothache less painful!" Always look on the bright side of life, I always say.
Post a Comment