That's what I call the most recent gum graft I had yesterday. It was a 'readjustment' of a previous graft so really, it hasn't been too bad. There was no charge since it was a readjustment, thus the free torture part. The pain and swelling has been less than the other two times and the pain has been controlled easily by my prescribed meds. I had to sit ice on my face for an hour or so last night and will have to do it again this afternoon after having some friends come over and make me laugh. (The good laugh was all worth it though!)My biggest complaint is that I am HUNGRY. I was fed cold mashed potatoes last night by my sweet husband and some pudding and jello and the remainder of Cameron's day old yogurt that had been sitting out for about that long. I slurped the broth out of the rest of my families soup bowls (soup was courtesy of a great neighbor), and looked at the homemade bread and chocolate cookies longingly.
I hope Ryan will make up for the potatoes and bring me a shake today. I could use it! I have been swallowing blood now for over 24 hours and it has made my throat sore and I am so tired of the taste of it. Blech! I need the roof of my mouth to stop bleeding so I can just swallow normal spit and not worry that my clear plastic retainer has blood pooled in the front to gross people out everytime I open my mouth. Kind of looks like an evil halloween scene when I smile. How does Dracula do it?
And I apologize again and again to Julie Campbell for flinging spit on her when I took out the retainer. That was totally gross and although she said she is used to gross things at her house, nothing really compares to an adult neighbor's bloody spit flying from my mouth to her face. I owe her big time for that. Maybe a big dark chocolate cake? I am so so sorry!!!
5 comments:
milk shake acquired and delivered. subject cooled and pacified.
Oh! OUCH! If I could send you a Jamba, I would...but it looks like you got your shake. What a good husband!
Oh Diane! I'm so sorry, that sounds awful! I really hope I never have to get that surgery done.
I am so sorry. At least you still have your sense of humor in tact. The picture illustrates that! I hope you feel better soon!
I hope you are feeling better. I am afraid that is a proceedure that my be in my future someday. I think my stress comes out sometimes in brushing my teeth which hasn't been good for the gums:)
Post a Comment