Monday, March 23, 2009

Jacob-isms


We are watching one of Rachael's friends while her parents are out of town this weekend. Here is a Jacob quote (said out of the blue during dinner)...

"Kiley, you're dreamy. I want to kiss you."

Dreamy? Kissing? Where did I go wrong? And where did he get dreamy from?

He was playing battleship with my Dad a few weeks ago and after his turn he said to my Dad...

"Carry on, carry on!"

Weird. And funny.

It must be all my good parenting that makes him say such classy things.

Here is something I am trying to get used to my Junior High student saying. As he is eating breakfast at 6:30 am (I am getting a bottle ready for Matthew) he says:

"Oh, by the way, I need a three ring folder."

My heart jumps - "Oh, what for?"

"Reading. For an assignment."

Me - "You don't need it like now do you?"

"No," (I relax a moment too soon) "just by my reading class today."

Is it possible teachers tell kids they have to bring something extra to school last minute? Probably not, but that's how they are described to me. Those kids! Just wait until I have 4 asking for things last minute. I'll need a whole storage room of extra stuff that they might possibly spring on me that they need last minute. I'll be prepared for anything! :)

3 comments:

Suzy said...

How funny! I like the "Carry on!" quote

Melinda said...

Ahhh, just this month our family has started in with the boy/girl comments. Preston is sure he wants to marry me even though it has been explained to him many times why that is not possible. And Austin admitted his first crush to us (and to the girl!) and Hayden will not stop teasing him about it.

oretta said...

Kiley is dreamy!! That is great...she told me the story and I laughed. Cannon told me he wants to get married and move in with Jared and I. I asked what his wife would say about that and he said that she would love us.