Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Copy-catting"

Oh why do they torture me so?

Here are a couple lines from Cameron from the past couple weeks. (He and Jacob are very competitive with each other and Cameron ends up being the one to tattle tale while Jacob continues to quietly bug.)

"Maa-uuum (you know, Mom said really long and whiny like), Jacob's copy-catting himself!"

"Maa-uum, Jacob's eating his cereal without stirring in the sugar!"
I should call Ryan and say :

"Ryan, I'm copy-catting myself!" when
  1. I have to repeat things over and over to remember them (which I have to do sometimes),
  2. repeat because no one's listening the first time - or second, or third, etc (the most common reason),
  3. or repeat something because I forgot I already said it (I hope this happens rarely).

Then the kids could call Ryan and say "Daa-uud, Mom's copy-catting herself again!" And Ryan would say - "She just does that sometimes. Don't worry it eventually stops."

Someday you may be able to find me rocking in a corner in a padded cell, sucking my thumb, saying "they won't listen, they won't listen, copy-catting myself, copy-catting myself, tattle telling, tattle telling, they won't listen, they won't listen..."

hmmm... I think I am going to start making a list of all the things I copycat myself on -
  • put away your clothes
  • brush your teeth
  • get in the suburban
  • did you do your chore?
  • HURRY! HURRY! Go FASTER! Walk in FAST MOTION! RUN!
I'm going to think of some other ones.

3 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Seriously! I am such a broken record, too! can I share your padded cell? That mught be fun...

Anonymous said...

You keep me in stitches! my life is a constant repeat too!! and the wal-mart attention span, lol!! to list or not to list....it doesn't matter.:)

niknfil said...

Ditto to all of yours and here are a couple of mine...
-Don't touch your sister!(to the boys)
-Tell mommy if you need to go potty!
I think the list could be endless! So funny!