Friday, February 19, 2010

Pet peeves #32 and #17

Maybe I'm getting to be a grumpy old woman already.  I have started making a mental list of things that really annoy me.  I'll list them here occasionally - in just a random order.

#32 - Will you please just blow your nose?  Sniffing every 3 seconds or talking through a plugged nose drives me bonkers.  Blowing your nose is not a difficult thing to do.  I mean how can you stand having a clogged nose for months on end?  Just blow the snot out already!  And although sniffing constantly is a great form of exercise for your lungs, what goes in must eventually come out and sniffing that same drop of snot all day can't be good for you in the long run.

#17 - Hmmm, another snot one.  (Maybe I have a bigger problem than I realize in my home.)  This one doesn't happen near as often, but makes me gag when it does.  I dislike finding dried up snot on the walls or around the doors in my house.  You really couldn't walk another 5 steps into a bathroom or to a Kleenex box (I buy them in bulk at Costco) and wipe your snot on that?  How about at least the inside of your shirt.  That way it dries on your shirt or sticks to your chest and you can scrape it off yourself instead of letting me try to rehydrate it on the wall and wash it off or scrape it off with my fingernail.

As a side note, please do not wipe it up your arm either though.  I still vote for the shirt if nothing else is available.



GROSS!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Sheldon tells me that any missionary will tell you it's your sock you need to wipe it on since that's the only piece of accessible clothing that you know you are going to change each day :)

Six-Pack Momma said...

Totally agree! We especially have a sniffing-it-back-up-your-nose-every-three-seconds problem here.

angela said...

I always have a big smear on my left shoulder...

Suzy said...

I thought my kids were the only ones who wipe boogers on the walls. I'm glad I'm not alone. It is SO disgusting.

Thanks for making me laugh.

Hollidays said...

your so funny! I have the same problem in my house..but it is with my husband! He blows his nose in ths shower! Ya, ALL OVER THE SHOWER WALLS AHHHH! I HATE IT!!! UGH! What to do? I get to sit in the bath tub looking at that! I cant have a nice bath, I have to clean snot the whole time!

Ryan said...

gwose.