- 112 socks a week (56 pairs). And that's if everyone wears only one pair a day.
- 48 pairs of underwear (at least that's when kids change everyday like they're supposed to. Matthew is still in diapers or it would be at least 56.
- Lets say kids we each wear 3 pairs of pants and 5 shirts a week That's 56. But Matthew wears at least one outfit a day so add another 8 onto that. That makes it 64. And then Sunday clothes - another 8. So, we're now up to 72.
- Pajamas, well probably 24 sets.
- Towels, dishrags, washcloths, rags, between 40 and 50 a week is my estimation.
Lets see - so what does 112 socks, 42 undies, 72 shirts and pants, 24 pajamas, and 50 rags and towels equal? Two days of running the washer, two hours of folding and sorting, and at least another hour of putting away. Sigh... I get tired just thinking about it! Thank goodness for capable kids who can sort and run wash loads for me. And they even sort and put things away too.
Maybe it's worth it for those fun kids...

8 comments:
That is funny Diane. It does add up, huh? There are only 6 in my house, but I am scared to do the math. Crazy. Glad you have help with the laundry.
I think you have totally underestimated the amount you do!
Wow, that's a lot of laundry! It would take me longer to fold and put away than 3 hours!
I'm with ya on boycotting boogies wiped on walls, furniture. Today I found one on my drawer in my kitchen :P
That just made me tired.
When I get behind, Michael steps in and I always feel guilty for about 3 seconds (since it IS my job). Thank goodness he thinks I need help.
I feel your pain!!! I am waiting for the days that my kids can help me with all the laundry!
That is so much laundry!
Hey - a lady in my ward gave a couple great laundry tips at an enrichment night that I have ended up doing. If you're ever looking to mix things up a little, ask me about it. It would work even better for older kids than it works for me. (I still have to do most of the loading and unloading of the washer/dryer cause we are short people.)
That's INSANE! I will never complain about my laundry again...Bless you and your ever-going laundry machine!!!
Since no one else did it, that comes to 391, which I think is actually a little higher for the little things you didn't count.
Post a Comment