It is a bittersweet day for me. I've been an emotional roller coaster ever since Ryan told me last night that the new scale we just purchased weighed different on the linoleum than on the carpet. (It added 10 pounds to my weight). And then to have my baby getting older.... well I thought I could lift my spirits by writing some birthday songs to him. I don't know which one I'll stick with.
Happy birthday to you.
You were born in a zoo.
We all smell like monkeys
And look like them too!
Happy birthday to you.
Our life would be blue.
We're so glad we have you
That's why we love you too!
Happy birthday to you.
Kids don't like your poo.
But they'll change it anyway,
because they love you! (and are threatened with the things they love the most if they don't do it!)
Hmmm... I guess I better keep working on it. Although they are all truthful, the second one is the nicest (and most boring). I need to find a good balance.
Here are a couple pictures of the time flying this past year...
We love you!!!



7 comments:
I vote for the diaper-change version!
Matthew is SO cute. It is sad how fast they grow. If only we could freeze time! I feel like the more I enjoy the baby phase, the faster it passes.
He is such a cutie! Happy Birthday Matthew. I was in denial when Audrey turned 2 this year. I think I put balloons up while we were eating, and I bought the frosting in the afternoon, right before dinner. Yep, denial. Enjoy his birthday!
Happy birthday lil' man!! Wow, that went by fast! I can't believe he's one already! Cute guy!
I am working on an anti-growth potion. When I come up with a prototype that works, you'll be the first to get some!
He is so stinkin' cute!
WOW!!! I am shocked that he is ONE!!! That year went by really fast.
And about the scale... I was just telling Steve that I was going to weigh myself on the carpet cause the scale is so MUCH nicer on the carpet... I have decided to STOP weighing myself at least for a month. The scale is driving me CRAZY!!
So, I read your blog thinking you would be announcing the next one!! Ha Ha I'm kidding! I have been feeling the emotional roller coaster also since Clarissa is now potty-trained. I am ecstatic to be done with diapers after many years and also sad my last baby is growing up.
Totally weigh yourself on the carpet, and only once a month at the most! Happy Birthday Matthew!!! It really would be so great if we lived closer. Sigh. They would have so much fun together and so would I.
Post a Comment