I'll bet most of you didn't even know it was Limerick day! All this time we've been missing out on the fun. Here's a little about Limericks from wikiHow...
* A limerick is a short, comical, and almost musical poem that often borders on the nonsensical or obscene. It was popularized in English by Edward Lear (and thus Limerick Day is celebrated on his birthday, May 12)

There was an old man with a gong,
Who bumped at it all the day long;
But they called out, "Oh, law! you're a horrid old bore!"
So they smashed that Old Man with a gong.
-Edward Lear
Okay, so here's my try at a Limerick -

There once was a tired old Mom,
Who cleaned bathrooms and worked all day long;
Her kids tied her up tight thinking they'd do things right
So she napped while her kids sang a song.
-Diane Passey
Try it guys! It's fun and a bit therapeutic. (I'll post any good Limericks you come up with.)
5 comments:
That's not a limerick- that's your fantasy! Ha ha ha!! ;)
Hey, I think you're right! :)
Your too much fun? What did you major in at BYU? English? You should have...
There once was a mom named Diane,
Who needed four more sets of hands,
One for each of six tots,
Four for plants, floors and pots,
And two more for hugging her huz-band.
That's awesome! I love your Limerick!!! Happy Limerick's day!!
Post a Comment