I LOVE my girls! I am so glad I have 2 girls and that they are so close in age to each other. I love that they are getting older and enjoy doing so much fun stuff with me.
It makes the battles we fight worth it. Like the battle of whether it's okay to have your bra strap showing when wearing a shirt with a neck that's a little too wide. That's something that I never dreamed I'd have to argue about. I get embarrassed thinking someone might have accidentally seen my bra strap! I guess that shows the state of the world that they live in. Bummer too because my girls aren't quite teens yet. I have a feeling I will be having a few more battles to fight before it's all over. :)
Here's something clever that happened this morning. Jacob made Kristin mad. They fought with threats while I was in the shower. Kristin was going to hit Jacob with the brush and Jacob was going to hit Kristin with the step stool from the bathroom. So, Kristin took Matthew into the bathroom and closed the door and gave Matthew Jacob's toothbrush to suck on. Clever retaliation.
Who sings that song "It's only just begun?" I need a copy. It's a nice peaceful song I can listen to while I take several deep breaths over and over to keep my cool. :)
4 comments:
Haha! That is a good one!
We have that song on our wedding video because we didn't give Blaine enough songs, so he added some of his own. Jimmy and I make fun of our video because of all the cheesy songs.
That is too funny. I tell my kids that they picked each other in heaven to be brothers and sisters and that they need to appreciate each other because they are going to be together forever. Not that it changes all the many battles, but it helps to put things into perspective.
that'd be the Carpenters, and it's "We've Only Just Begun"
I love that! Awesome.
Post a Comment