Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mini post 2 - Matthew's stitches

Well, my baby got stitches.  A lot of them.  He likes to get on a kitchen chair, turn around backwards, and rock.  In fact, last Wednesday when it happened, he had done that and the chair fell (for the first time) giving him a bruise on his left temple. 

I was sitting AT the table 3 hours later doing a little crafty thing with Cameron when he climbed up again and before I could grab his chair, rocked one time.  The chair tipped over and he fell into a corner by our back door.  I sighed and slowly went over to pick him up.  When I turned him around I went into panic mode seeing the huge wide open cut through his eyebrow that was definitely going to need stitches. 

I calmly ran him over to the sink and grabbed some paper towels.  I calmly asked Cameron to come with me into the car as I grabbed my purse.  I buckled Matthew in and found a place for Cameron to hang out as I started shaking and calling our Dr. Office.  Dr. Beazer was in and willing to take his lunch break fixing Matthew's eye (it was right before noon).

Matthew got 7 stitches, a nice line bruise 4 inches long down his face and then a good bruised and colored eyelid.  Here are some pictures.




He loves having his picture taken.  Kind of funny how happy he is I think. :)

Today we got his stitches taken out which was almost as traumatic as getting them put in for him.  He isn't going to like going to the doctor again for a little while!  As soon as he saw Dr. Beazer, he started pointing to the door, ready to go.  But the sucker on the way out always makes him happy!

3 comments:

Esther said...

Where's the "sad" check box? I couldn't vote this post as funny, interesting, or cool. (But, it could be voted cute for the pictures you took of him)

Six-Pack Momma said...

How old is he? Sounds like my Nathan...stitches before two. Poor baby face. :( It's just part of him now...and the boys think the scars are cool!

Although, I don't think we've ever had that many stitches. Your little man takes the cake!

Tami said...

That is so sad. I am glad that he is still able to smile and what a cute smile he has. What a great dr you have to help you out in a pinch.