Thursday, December 11, 2008

Disappointment

Well, we got our family pictures taken tonight. I am not terribly pleased, but glad it is over. Next time, I will pay a real photographer to get the pictures done. I would like to find someone who will take a couple hundred pictures and then let me have the CD rights to them. Then I can do whatever I want.

It didn't help that Ryan and I had separate cars at the mall (he met me from work) and he took the kids home early so I could just get things ordered and done. At 9:00 - as the mall was closing and we had been there for 3 1/2 hours - I realized I didn't have my keys. I called Ryan and sure enough - they were in the diaper bag AT HOME!!!

So, Ryan had to drive all the way back into SLC to give me my keys. Brandon and I just got home tonight at almost midnight. Maybe I will feel better about things tomorrow and laugh. I am only chuckling tonight.

I should have followed that little voice in my head that said "check to make sure you have keys" as he and the kids were leaving. Things were a little stressful at the time so I ignored it twice. Serves me right I guess. :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Listen. Listen. To the still small voice. Don't you hate it, especially when you know your heard that little voice tell more than once? I know you have learned your lesson. BTW the pictures I am sure turned out just fine. But for future reference John Bradfield in the Whitaker Ward does exactly what you are looking for and charges somewhere between 30 and 50 dollars.

Anonymous said...

Craig also can do pictures for you if you are desparate and he doesn't charge! I guess you get what you pay for, but hey, if they're free!!

Suzy said...

It sounds like you had some BAD luck. How frustrating. Sorry about that.
In 3rd grade I was the only one in my class who didn't get to attend a spelling party because I misspelled the word "disappointment". I spelled it the same way as you. I'll never forget the spelling of that word again.