
Anyone else get them? I am stepping out on a limb admitting this.
It is so frustrating and just doesn't make much logical sense (the holidays are supposed to be fun, memorable, and relaxing, right?) until I look at what I am doing. A lot of cleaning up of my families messes and making meals and cleaning again and again and again. And because I want my kids to have these great memories, we stay up late playing and at least someone gets up early and needs me so I probably am burning the candle at both ends. Plus I have a UTI and that doesn't help anything.
How come the Mom gets stuck with all the not fun work while everyone else relaxes and plays games and watches movies and plays in the snow?
Maybe I need a nap. Or vacation. Or both!!!
5 comments:
Amen, sista! As we speak, my dear husband is still snoozing, and I have already cleaned a mess on the floor and gotten breakfast for two kids.
I hear ya! I think M and I fight the most around the Holidays! lol. It's just so chaotic! And the messes... OH, the MESSES!
#1--Take a NAP!!!
The kids will be home for 1 more week. Let thing GO! Enjoy the time you have with the kids. You are right, the kids will remember the memories of fun. My kids remember me constantly cleaning and the memory they have of me when they were little is on my hands and knees scrubing the floor. The cleaning and laundry will be there tomarrow, next week and twenty years from now. So forget the mess and just think sleep is more important so that you can handle what comes next.
See you at church--Love you
Your friend is right. Let it go! I also must say that you have many helping hands around...Do what I do and make them useful in making your home a nice place to live. The fun begins when the chores are done! Admittedly, they don't get done as well as they do when you do it yourself but.....You know what I mean! Give yourself a break and enjoy the NO HOMEWORK! That is a blessing I enjoy during the school holidays. You are a great mom! Don't burn yourself out.
I get worn out cooking. I do make my children do a bulk of the chores. It not only helps me out, but it also makes them more aware of what is around them. I also take a break and let more go during the holidays. I think what I want to remember more, and then I try, key word try and focus on that. One of my favorite quotes is, "The work will wait while you show your child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work." I hope you are able to relax and get some mommy time. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment