Saturday, January 3, 2009

Electronics and the Temple don't mix.

We just got back from Sheri's wedding. It was great. But I had a little problem with certain electronic devices in the celestial room. Sheri's sealing was supposed to start at 11:00. The Boise temple didn't have one of those signs to remind you to turn things off, so I forgot. And at about 10:50, I got a phone call on my cell phone, which was in my purse under my chair. I quickly opened it up, hung up on whoever was calling me, and turned off my phone. The people in there all laughed and smiled at me and I am sure I looked all red and embarrassed. I got it all turned off though and was relieved that wouldn't happen again. Think again Diane!

I had Sheri's wedding scheduled in my Palm Pilot at 11:30 (it was really at 11). And my planner automatically sounds a reminder alarm 15 minutes prior to any appointment that I have entered. So, right on cue, during the little talk the sealer was giving to Sheri and Paul and us, I hear an alarm. It is kind of a few little beeps that sound and then there is silence for a few seconds and then it sounds the few beeps again and then silence then beeps etc.

I could not believe it. I listened for the sound again and sure enough, it was my alarm reminding me of Sheri's wedding. I looked at Ryan and he gave me a look like 'you've got to be kidding' and quietly asked how long the alarm would go off. I had no idea. The sealer and Sheri and Paul didn't seem to hear it so we waited a few more beeps to see if it would shut itself off. After beeping 5 times, I grabbed my purse and ruffled though it to find the darn thing and mute it. A few clicks and alarm dings later, the planner was muted.

I thought over and over again if there was anything on my person that might cause any other commotion and couldn't think of anything else. I think twice was enough anyway.

I got teased a little bit for about 3 hours. But hey, I deserved it!

6 comments:

Tami said...

Oh Diane, that is too funny. I am sorry you got teased relentlessly for it. At least everyone will remember that you were there at the wedding! :-)

niknfil said...

so sorry about that! I just went to my nephews temple wedding and that would have been terrible! It's good you can laugh about it now! things can always be worse you know!

Suzy said...

Oops!

Marc and Heather said...

Honestly, who's really paying that much attention to what the sealer is saying at their own sealing? I know I don't remember and mine was not even a year ago... lol. I was too excited to focus!

heather said...

I hate it when I do stuff like that!!

Jenny said...

That is too funny! ;) Ya, the groom and bride are in "loo, loo land" anyway...no worries.