Check this out! It is an interesting 'contest' a lady in Utah is running. She says with weight loss, money talks. :)The KSL article... http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5222520
The actual blog site.... http://utahtib.blogspot.com/2008/12/biggest-loser-6.html
This lady is doing a biggest looser contest where everyone who participates puts $25 dollars in a pot and the winner of the contest (by percentage of weight loss) gets either %90 of the pot or %60 percent if the pot is bigger than $1000. If the pot is bigger than $1000, then there is a second and third place winner too. This is the 6th time she is running this and there are contestants are from everywhere around the world. It sounds awesome!
What do you guys think?
5 comments:
I think it an AWESOME way to get motivated. I have been following her blog for sometime now and it works! TTYL.
We tried this at work last year and it didn't work. But I also think that if you find something that will work for you then try it!!! Let me know what you do!!! I am thinking of joining Gold's gym I am hoping that will get my butt into gear!! Plus if I can get my BIG butt into shape then I will be spending my $$ on new clothes!!! GOOD LUCK!! :)
My cousin did this with just a few participants (10 or so) and I remember when she offered it, I thought it seemed wrong on some level. I think my over-active conscience associates contests requiring money to being some sort of gambling. I realize it's not because your weight is not just chance.
I guess if you put money into it, you're more motivated to lose!
A friend in my ward is doing it here, 10 dollars for 10 weeks. The pot is up to 270. I doubt I will win, but it will keep me motivated. I just wanted a motivation to eat healthier. I can exercise a lot, eating is my downfall. I love cookies, chocolate... I had to really think about it too. I wondered if it was gambling, but I finally decided it is a competition. Like entering a marathon, there just happens to be a prize at the end. That being said, I am really sure I am not going to win as I sprained my ankle the first day in. :-) Oh well, at least I am eating healthier, less sugar and simple carbs, more veggies.
Cool!! And a very clever idea! :) I love seeing people get motivated towards healthier lifestyles.
Post a Comment