Sunday, January 3, 2010

Birthdays

Yep, we've got some birthdays coming up this week.  It's fun and not fun to have birthdays right after Christmas.  The fun part is having something to look forward to.

Rachael is turning 12.  YW here we come!  She is so excited she can hardly stand it.  Brandon was excited to leave primary too.  It will be fun to have a daughter that age and suddenly be thrown back into those memories growing up. 

And, it's my birthday.  Yep 35 years old.  Lots of things I didn't expect at 35.  Like hairs on my chin.  And my waist being higher.  But I still don't have gray hair (quick knock on some wood!).  And hey the extra layers of padding around my body probably help my face look less wrinkly.  We have terrible genes in our family for wrinkles on our faces.  Our skin just starts to sag everywhere.  Which probably explains the small set of metal swings I use that hold up my bust.  And I guess if my waist is growing up, it is better than sagging down.  I'd hate to have to tuck my buttock cheeks into my pant legs.  What if one went down the wrong pant leg?  Sigh, life gets so complicated!

So, happy birthday to me and Rachael!  I have high hopes for this next year!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a relaxing day!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday early! And your comments about getting older are hilarious! I've seen some changes with my body at 35 too, but really - 35 is not old yet. You look beautiful! and not wrinkled, saggy, or gray at all.