Friday, January 22, 2010

My CSI skills

Cameron came and told me Matthew hit him "3 times and then he hit me 3 times again!!!  And then he took his medicine and squirted it all over!"


It was my fault for leaving his syringe of amoxicillin out on the table.  But I was impressed that Matthew actually could squirt it out.  Or that he would touch it for that matter.  I just went in the kitchen and saw that about 1/2  tsp had been squirted on the table with a few drops in his hair.  Then about 30 minutes later I saw this...



Look closely at Matthew's back.  Yes, that looks like Amoxicillin to me...


Here comes my CSI skills - (Hmmm, could Matthew take the syringe and squirt himself in his back with that type of splatter pattern???  Um, that would be no.)


"Cameron, did you squirt Matthew with his medicine?"  


Silence


"Cameron - did Matthew hit you because you squirted him with the medicine?"


"Yes". 


Sigh.  


Will there ever be a time I catch all my kids lies?  You think I'd be an expert by now.  I'm a lot better now than I was 12 years ago.  But these younger kids are so much better at lying than their older siblings are.  Oh well.  I guess this experience just fine tunes my Mom skills to be used later as my kids get older.  I'll bet my teens lie better than my 5 year old and I probably need the practice.  :)





1 comment:

Laurie said...

Ha, I love it! Good thing mom's have CSI skills- we need it!