(He really was cute as a puppy. That's how they trap you.)
Could there be a birthday I am less excited about? However, Kristin counts down the days and weeks and months every year until this day. This dog was a lot cuter as a puppy (see puppy pictures) when he didn't mark my garbage cans or hampers or my christmas tree with wrapped presents underneath. He stays outside mostly now. Kristin is all dogs best friends - even after being bit last year - and didn't even blink spending two months allowance on treats, canned food for meals, and a toy for Brody last night. She just loves him that much. Okay, I know this picture doesn't really show that but if you read on you'll understand...
Last year, she planned this big birthday party. This includes sending around invitations to all her friends. She had games, party favors, and treats planned. They were going to make Brody a birthday cake. Here's the recipe for his cake.
Take a bunch of dog food treats (the cheap soft ones at Walmart) and crumble them into a bowl. Add peanut butter. Press into the bowl to make it shaped like a cake then flip it over. Top with more dog treats. See pictures.
This year Kristin is planning on making homemade doggie biscuits instead of a cake.
Now, you'll notice the less than happy grin of Kristin in these pictures. Yes, that is because apparently a dog's birthday is not as exciting event to her friends as it is to her and no one showed up to her party. A couple of Rachael's friends came over and they played a few of the games Kristin had put together. Then they sang to Brody and let him eat a piece of the cake. Kristin was so devastated last year and so she didn't plan one this year. (not that I'll complain...)
So, Happy Birthday Brody. May you have a happy and eventful day. :)
1 comment:
Poor Kristin!
That's so cute that she gets so excited about Brody's birthday :)
I'm sorry about your probable kidney stones! Let me know if there is anything I can do. I can come out Next Wednesday or Thursday to watch your kids if you have anything either of those days. I watch twins on Mondays until 2:20, but I could come after then.
Post a Comment