Friday, October 17, 2008

Home from school

Is anyone else starting to feel a little crazy with the kids home from school? Yesterday was a cleaning day to get ready for a little gathering I was having at my house. Today was supposed to be a play day... but the kids get so bored! I end up being the cause and solution to every problem. "Where did you put my shoes. Will you help me find my shoes? Why is my room such a mess? You said you would make me pancakes for breakfast and you didn't. How come you fixed pancakes for breakfast - I don't feel like them?!" etc...

One more full day of them being home! Will I survive?

3 comments:

Kim said...

YOU WILL SURVIVE!!!! I have been asking myself that same question for the past 10 to 17 and everyday I wake up just to start the whole day over. I often ask myself "is this what it all about?" and then I stop and think of those simple moments in life that bring a smile to my lips, I sigh....and marvel that I am surviving. Enjoy each moment because you will miss this time in your life if you let it pass you by, I promise.

Melinda said...

Hmmm...take them to Costco? :)

We took a picnic to the park today and that took up only 2 hours! I was hoping that would make a big fun day.

I don't know how to entertain older kids, though, so....take them to Costco?

:)

Darcie said...

We went to the movies!!! I wish that I would have done something a lot more fun but that would have taken time and planning. :) At least they are back today!!!