Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tagged twice.

Okay, so now two people have tagged me with this quirky tag. Since this is my first experience with being tagged, I am guessing at how to do this.

Six quirky things...

1. I am very self conscious about my feet and toes. I don't like my feet to begin with, but I think my toenails make them even uglier. I got my first pedicure this last summer. It was almost as embarasing as getting my yearly done. Since I keep my feet hidden from myself and the world, I keep forgetting to take off the last of the polish on my big toe from 6 months ago - so that gives me even more motivation to keep them hidden.

2. I am clumsy clumsy clumsy! I have been a clutz for pretty much my entire life. I have had numerous broken bones, stitches, fallen down a lot of stairs (oh the embarasing stories I can tell!), and countless falls, trips, bruises, and injuries. I have a hard time keeping my body in sync and I think a lot of the time I run into things or stub my toes or hit the end of the bed with the same part of my thigh just because my mind is on other things. I have a constant bruise on my thigh from my bed, and usually at least one cut or burn on my fingers or arms. I think one of the worst places to burn is you bicep. For some reason, that skin is really sensitive.

3. I get really bugged getting emailed forwards when the person emailing me hasn't taken the time to delete all 2786 previous people that it has been emailed to and all those little sideways v's at the beginning of each line. I don't mind a few of those v's or if I have to scroll a little bit down to find the message, but some emails I get are so huge and so long that I seriously can't find the beginning of the message. If a forward is good enough to forward, then you should delete all the previous addresses and all the v's from each line. This takes some time because you usually have to completely reformat the email. But it really helps me to limit the emails I am forwarding. And all those emails that say that I should forward the email to 6 people in the next 20 seconds or an anvil will fall on my head are crazy!

4. I always have a nervous twitch going. It can be tapping my teeth to a rhythym, moving my fingers to a song (like I am playing the piano), clicking a pen, tapping my foot, singing a tune in my head over and over again, the list goes on.

5. I can't help but to think things through over and over again trying to figure out the most logical and least time consuming way to accomplish tasks and organize myself. I go over things down to the minute to see how much I can put into a day, and run things together in the most logical way. I organize shopping lists by type and section of the store, and organize store by location, distance, and what I have to buy. There has always got to be a more efficient way to do things and I am going to figure it out. I will spend excessive time laying in bed musing about if I have organized myself good enough.

6. I really like reptiles (I get that from my Dad). I used to be just obsessed with turtles. But I probably like lizzards more now. I loved being the only kid on the playground willing to pick up a stray snake while everyone watched with amazement. I grew up with gardner snakes and I figured everyone else kept them as pets too. Once when I was about 8, I found a gardner snake outside by the street. I felt so bad that someone had lost their pet. So, I went around from house to house in my culdesac knocking on doors and asking my neighbors if they lost their pet snake. I think the worst part of it was when I got to one person's door, the snake bit me and I dropped it. But I had already rung the doorbell, so the person answered the door just as I dropped the snake. I told her that I was coming around to see if they happened to loose their snake but that the snake just bit me and so I dropped it and it went into their bushes and I couldn't find it. I'll bet that person was glad I stopped by!

So I guess I get to tag people now. I don't have that big of a list of people that blog, but if Teresa, Julie, Jenny L, or Esther want to do this, they are tagged!
(see how bad I am at this kind of stuff?)

3 comments:

Esther said...

That's funny about the snake :)
I don't agree that you have ugly feet, you have nice toes and feet. You got the Zimmerman feet, Jimmy has the Cummings toes and feet, his are the ones that are not attractive, his 2nd 3rd and even 4th toes are all longer than his big toe!
I think Jimmy also does #4, he always has a song in his head, and taps on things, it's cute.

Marc and Heather said...

I'm a little clumsy too. I always hit my thigh on the side of the bed! :) Your blog is very fun!

Darcie said...

LOL!!! That was a GREAT read!! I never thought that I would like reptiles but now that BRaxton has a lizard I really think they are neat. I think it is so FUN to hold him!!!