Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And then there was one.

I was going to write this extremely clever and witty blog sometime this afternoon, but time has flown by with one drama after another. Have you heard how fruit and veggies in your garden are the best to pick in the morning before the heat of the day drains and wilts them? You can still pick them later, but they have the best taste and most vitamins early. Well, it's evening now, and that's pretty much how I feel. And so you get a second class blog... all the best parts of me are drained out, and here's what's left.

Yep. This is how I feel tonight. Just like this stalk of celery.

My biggest obstacle this morning was getting all kids ready by 8:25. Getting me ready would be nice, but not necessary. My elementary kids (girls and Jacob) have walked to school 3 mornings in a row now. The first morning I bribed and basically told them they had to. Something strange happened that morning, because Tuesday morning, they WANTED to walk. In fact, when Jacob found out the girls had gone (I was going to drive him because he wasn't ready yet), he was terribly upset. I ended up driving him to the girls to walk the rest of the way. It has been SUCH a relief for them to walk. I will have to see how long I can get them to do it!

So, Brandon was off before 7:00, the girls and Jacob off by 8:10, and just Cameron and Matthew left. I got Cameron ready in plenty of time for his school and went to pick up Matthew to get in the car and found he had totally pooped everywhere!!! It was one of those that I had no chance of cleaning up with just wipes. After getting him undressed, I quickly bathed and dressed him and we were off to his first day of pre-school. We were late, but made it!

ONE KID!!! What to do with my time... I have been debating this for several weeks now. Do I nap, clean the house, have a leisure shower, exercise, do an errand, blog, play a game, watch TV, read a book.... the options are endless! I know I should exercise and my Mom said if I am going to really exercise, I needed to make it an appointment and stick with it. I know she is right, so today I decided to exercise.

So, I got home (Cameron didn't want me to go to school with him. He wanted me to just drop him off and go), put on a slightly supportive undergarment and a new shirt, called some friends and headed out for a quick walk. I had to be back quick to get showered and ready to drop off Matthew, pick up Cameron, and head to the school to help out with music for the 3rd grade. I have to admit - it felt great to exercise. I really enjoyed it. Kim Robinson, Farrah Jessop, and our attachments went around the park track a couple of times.

I did something really stupid though... I took our dog with me.


Why would I not take advantage of just one kid and take the dog? Especially when the dog wanted to poop on someone's lawn - which I didn't let him do (beware the road by the stake center) or chase the other dogs barking. Not my smartest move. But I feel guilty leaving him home all the time when we go on walks. So, I took him. Probably won't do it again. (Sorry Brody).

Friday is my next one kid afternoon. Oh the peace and quiet - no arguing or asking for a fruit snack 42 times. Just me and Matthew. A small glimpse of the peace to come in just a few more years....

1 comment:

Darcie said...

Way to GO!! That is GREAT that you decided to go for a good walk. I think that I would have sat down and read a good book... I have one if you want. HA HA!!! I have to say that I wish I would get off my BIG bottom and get into shape. :)