Here is a picture of some fluff to make this blog somewhat interesting. I believe the title of the picture is "silky fluff". So for those who missed my brother-in-law Josh's cynical comment on my peaches blog I am going to write happy fluffy things in this blog so that my blog doesn't emanate too much stress. These are a few of my favorite things...
1. Ryan is one of my favorite things. He is awesome. And he has wonderful eyes, and loves me and my sarcasm (mostly :) ).
2. A baby's hand is one of my favorite things. There is something about this age when babies nurse and they play with their hand and your hand that I love.
3. Bottled peaches are very good. In fact, I have to hold back eating the ones I just canned because if I just put all that work into bottling them, why would I just pop open a jar and eat the peaches? Plus we go through 2 jars in one sitting if we eat them as a family.
4. I love rain. I love the smell, the way it cleanses my car, the air, all the toys left outside, and waters the grass.
5. I love to hear my kids laughing. I love it especially when they are laughing at each other. (unless it is at the expense of another).
6. I wish I could read more because getting caught up in a good book is one of my favorite things. Children's fiction have always been my favorite. I like to borrow a lot of books from my kids after they have read them so I can read them. They are easy reading, not too long, and the good ones have profound messages that hit any age group.
7. I love baking and cooking is definitely one of my favorite things. I wish I had time and money to bake all the time. I get to it less and less nowadays and seem to need a reason to make time for it. But when I do it, I love it!
8. Fall and spring are my favorite seasons. Fall because I love apples and pumpkin and crunching through leaves. We went to Ophir this last weekend and drove as far up the canyon as we could and looked at all the colorful leaves. I love spring because of the way things start to green up and flowers bloom and I can kick the kids out of the house without feeling guilty.
9. Friends are very important to me. I live for moments that I get emails from friends or talk to them on the phone or at church. I am a pretty needy social person.
10. And of course I love my kids. When they are good they are so so good! In the things that matter, they are wonderful! They try hard at school, they are nice to their friends, they are obedient in church (for the most part), they love reading church magazines and scriptures, and they try to do what is right.
11. Of course I have to mention that the church is also one of my favorite things. It fulfills so many of my needs - spiritual and emotional. It provides an opportunity to forget myself and serve others and develop relationships that sustain me through tough times.
So there you go. See - there are lots of non stressful things in my life. Writing when I am stressed helps me cope, and it is fun to be cynical about everyday stuff - like canning peaches. But not all of life is stressful. (just a good portion) :)
* hey, have you ever tried a fluffer butter sandwich? Kids love it! It is peanut butter with marshmallow cream or fluff. Pretty sugary, but isn't most jam pretty sugary too? :)
5 comments:
#5 and #8 are a couple of my favorites too. I need to keep remembering that fall is so great. I've been dreading it this year because it means winter is coming, but I should probably just savor the moment while it is good.
I hate cooking/baking, but I love tasting what YOU have made when you cook, so I'm glad you like baking!
PB & honey sandwiches are also just peanut butter and sugar too. I'll have to try the fluffer-butter sandwiches sometime.
-Suzy
I happen to like #1 the most. Plus, I like that it IS #1. If I had a blog, I'd have it as number one also. :)
That's cool about baking and cooking. It's so fun huh! I love banana bread. Yummy! And fresh homemade bread. Just not enough time to make it all, darn it!
Diane, I love your blog. Its so nice to know that other women go through what I go through and I love that you can have a sense of humor about it. It makes me want to lighten up about things as well, I also like that you can find a productive outlet for your daily frustrations, which I am still trying to do.
Love your favorite things blog. Of course, I liked the peaches one too. I think it's funny because on the opposite end I've heard a few complain that people only post all the good and wonderful things they are doing on their blogs which in turn causes the reader feel like they just aren't doing enough. Your blog is one that is fun to read because in some way we can all relate. Thanks for keeping it real! Love ya lots!
Post a Comment