Jacob
Jacob is an all around fun kid. He has a great laugh and a funny personality. He is a good mix of my socialness (a word I just made up) and Ryan's creativity. He can come up with stuff to do but needs someone to implement his ideas with him. Jacob has a lot of energy. One of the things I love the most about him is he has a very kind and sensitive heart. He will share without hesitating. He will cry because he is happy (he won't appreciate that so much in years to come - "mom, I am just so happy!" as he grins with tears coming from his eyes). He also will say things like how wonderful I am, or beautiful my hair looks, or how much he likes my earrings. He is the first kid to see a kid of the opposite sex (a girl in his case) and tell me that he thinks she is really pretty. He is quick to speak his mind. Once we were at McDonalds and this random kid came up to him and started talking and talking and bugging him. Jacob tolerated it for a good 2 -3 minutes and then, without hesitating or thinking twice, just said "man, you are annoying." I love this stage of kids - the 5-6 year olds. They still love you and are nice to you. They miss you when you are gone. They care about what you think. They are so proud of their accomplishments. It is so much fun! Jacob is a little emotional and gets pretty angry quick. He has a feisty temper once someone sets him off. But his personality is such that a lot rolls off him before it really gets to him. His best friend is Brandon, then Cameron his brother. He tries hard to please and has reconfirmed to me time and time again that boys are easier to raise than girls.
Cameron
Cameron is independent and goofy. He is sincerely funny. He is a lot like Ryan with his quieter personality, but finds his own ways to get attention. He plays practical jokes on me a lot - and they work. Like this last summer, I had the sprinkler on the front lawn. He went outside and moved and pointed it in a way that it was hitting the front door. Then he came in and got me and told me someone was at the door for me and then sat on the couch silently as I opened the door and got hosed down by the water. And he's only 4! He really thought he was funny. (I laughed too.) He is clever when it comes to me taking pictures too. Here are some pictures to show that.
So I could see that he is getting in the habit of when I say 3, to do something funny. I am usually too lame to realize it. So when I took a couple pictures of them out back last week, here is what happened.
picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
Yes, on the count of 2, he jumped- so he is mid-air (his feet aren't touching) and made a face. And who knows what he is doing with his hands!
Yes, he fooled me. The problem is he shows signs of being a youngest child which drives me NUTS. He KNOWS he can get away with stuff because I just can't keep up and so he tries to get away with whatever he can. He is not very obedient and by the time I get around to realizing that he isn't obedient, its too late to teach him a lesson. He can be sneaky and smart about manipulating things his way. He has a lot of older siblings that he can get to help him with his plans. He LOVES Matthew and really enjoys sitting by him and holding his hand or making him laugh. He will get a devilish laugh sometimes that I can hear from the other room that signals that I better RUN because Matthew may be in mortal danger. He is my buddy during the days, and even though he can get super whiny, I am glad I have him around.
Matthew
Well what can I say about Matthew? He has been so wonderful. I had forgotten how unconditional a baby's love is for his Mom. It feels so great to be loved like that. He is patient much more than he should have to be at times, he is social and really enjoys being talked to and played with by ALL his siblings. He loves looking and staring at them. It is so much fun to see them make him laugh. One of the things I have loved most about having another baby is the interaction between him and the others. He can make someone go from grumpy to smile by looking and smiling at them. He can be a great distraction. They have loved him and welcomed him to our family. So even when I am crazy out of my mind with my 6 kids, I look at him and am grateful for his little spirit. He has brought a lot of happiness to me. He will still snuggle with me. I miss him being an infant which is my favorite stage. But these babies growing up and learning is fun too. He loves to be on his belly and he can get his knees underneath him. He can roll both from front to back and back to front. He loves standing. He can flip himself out of the swing or car seat if he isn't buckled in all the way. He is almost sitting up on his own for a good chunk of time. Looking at him, he seems to be developing fast physically - which is not so welcome. But hey, can't do anything about it! And I can understand that he will want to be able to keep up with the rest of the crew. He will need to get a head start!
Here is a progression from infant to now. (Oh how I miss the infant!)
So, there is the last of my kids. If you are reading this part and you made it to the end of this long blog... CONGRATS!!! You deserve a blue ribbon or something. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment