I am home from my surgery. Everything went well. I just took some Loritab and I will be sleeping nicely in a few... which is nice since the numbness is starting to wear off pretty fast. Ryan is off getting me a frosty. :)
The tissue was grafted in great. The gum the tissue was grafted on to was so thin and in such poor condition that they will need to do another graft on top of that one. Good news though... It doesn't cost any more to get that one done! :)
I really like my periodontist. She was really fantastic. And she is now the best at numbing/giving shots of anyone I have ever had. She kind of stroked the outside of my cheek while the shot was going in which really overshadowed the pain of the Novocain. It made a huge difference. She just made me feel so comfortable and even gave me her cell phone number to call her if I have any questions or anything. Little things like that can be so huge to me!
Well, off to the land of the lullaby's! See you on the other side...
6 comments:
Glad to hear you SURVIVED but it is sad that you won't get to enjoy Thanksgiving as much as you could have. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Hopefully you will have a quick recovery. Wow, to have to redo it several times. I had one many years ago, and it didn't take. So, I am in for one in the future. Mine is a result of the car wreck 2 weeks before I got married. I am just grateful I didn't lose my teeth. Get some rest and enjoy being pampered for a while. You deserve it!
Not fun!!! Lortab...sometimes! Ha! ;)
Okay, the previous statement only means in the case of pain. I am not addicted to pain killers! :)
I hope you feel better soon!
Love ya!
I still can't believe she actually did this two days before Thanksgiving. You'd think she planned it then, for some morbid idea of a diet. Oh well, I can probably whip up a turkey and cranberry shake for her. Mmmmm!
Hey -
I have to do the same thing! They told me it was genetic. I have 3 spots that need the tissue grafting. How are you recovering? Hope your feeling good!
Sheesh Diane, I had no idea all this was going on? I am so glad I just found this blog!I didn't even know about it. . .
Post a Comment